Sunday, June 30, 2013

Autobiography of Malcolm X Review

The Autobiography of Malcom XThe Autobiography of Malcom X by Malcolm X
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Excellent book! What I had been taught about Malcolm X was far from the man he was and what he stood for. It took me 464 pages to find my favorite quote of the book; in response to a speech Ossie Davis gave at Malcolm's funeral; "........most of them took special pains to disagree with much or all of what Malcolm said and what he stood for. That is, with one singing exception, they all, every last, black, glory-hugging one of them, knew that Malcolm-whatever else he was or was not-Malcolm was a man!"

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

malcolm is one of the most relevant 20th century activists for sure.

all the best,

http://elisa-cbp.blogspot.be/